All City of Santa Barbara water customers are encouraged to get a free water checkup to assess water usage on your property and identify ways to save water and money on water bills. Water checkups are also useful in finding a leak or better understanding your irrigation system. Call (805) 564-5460 to schedule today!
If you are NOT a City of Santa Barbara water customer, free water checkups may be available from your water provider.
What is a Water Checkup?
Water checkups are scheduled for an hour each and are available Monday - Friday. City staff will come to your home or business to:
- Evaluate all water uses on your property.
- Provide recommendations to you for improved efficiency for both indoor usage and outdoor usage.
- Evaluate the irrigation system and provide specific recommendations on irrigation improvements, scheduling, and upgrades.
- Demonstrate how to read your meter and check for leaks.
- Develop an irrigation schedule.
- Provide information on landscaping and irrigation technology and rebate programs.