Fire Prevention Bureau
The Prevention Division serves to protect the lives and property of our residents by eliminating the potential causes of fire and improving the awareness of the public towards fire prevention and safety. This is accomplished through fire Code development and enforcement, new development plan checks, creation of hazard mitigation plans and providing support for Engine Company inspections.
- Prevention of fires
- Investigation of the cause, origin, and circumstances of fires
- Elimination of fire and life safety hazards in buildings
- Maintenance of fire protection equipment and systems
- Regulation of storage, use and handling of hazardous materials and hazardous substances
- Enforcement of basic building regulations of the State Fire Marshal as they apply to the City of Santa Barbara in matters regarding fire, panic, and explosion safety