Various associations train and certify local landscape professionals in efficient landscape management. Visit the links below to find certified individuals in your area. While each certified individual has been trained and tested, the City of Santa Barbara does not endorse any specific landscape professional or company. Please note that each list applies to the individual and his or her employer.
Find a Landscape Professional in your area:
- Green Gardener: This is a local certification for gardeners who have been trained in water efficiency and pollution prevention landscape maintenance practices.
- Green Gardens Group (G3) Certified Watershed Wise Landscape Professional: G3 Certified Watershed Wise Landscape Professionals have completed a sixteen hour course on irrigation and rainwater use efficiency, passed an examination, submitted a site evaluation designed to demonstrate the application of their training, and maintain annual CEUs in the watershed approach to landscaping.
- EPA WaterSense Certified Professional: Individuals listed in the directory have successfully completed the requirements of at least one WaterSense labeled professional certificate program. The current list for the Santa Barbara County area contains professionals that are certified irrigation auditors, which is a broad certification. Please contact the professional for more information on the services they currently offer.
- California Landscape Contractors Association Certified Water Manager: Those who have obtained their certification have learned and applied the latest irrigation technology and techniques, and share a commitment to sound water management and sustainable solutions.
Graywater and Rainwater
- Graywater Installer: These specialist have received certification through Graywater Action to design and install graywater systems.