Fourth of July
Independence Day Fireworks!
If you’re looking for somewhere to celebrate this Independence Day, there’ll be no better place than the Santa Barbara Waterfront. A full slate of festive, fun and family-friendly activities is planned throughout the day, including the return of free live music and dance performances!
The festivities will be capped off with a bang during a 20-minute fireworks display, care of Garden State Fireworks and sponsored by the City’s Waterfront Department. Fireworks will launch from West Beach starting at approximately 9 p.m. The show will be simulcast on local radio station 92.9 FM and live streamed on KEYT.com. The City thanks KjEE and KEYT for their support of this community event.
Here’s a list of some of the fun on tap…
● 12pm: Live music by Brasscals
● 2pm: Free face painting
● 4pm: Live music by Area 51
● Noon - 8:50pm: Live music at the West Beach bandstand. Entertainment lineup coming soon...
● 9pm - 9:20pm: Fireworks! Presented by Garden State Fireworks and sponsored by the City of Santa Barbara Waterfront Department. Fireworks soundtrack will be simulcast on local radio station 92.9 FM KjEE.
Cabrillo Boulevard sidewalk at West Beach
● 11am - 9pm: Festive food and vendor booths including Timbers Roadhouse, Tinkers Hot Dogs, Lidos Philly Cheese Steaks, and Bombazo's burritos
July 5th Beach Cleanup Volunteer Opportunity
With thousands flocking to Santa Barbara beaches for Independence Day, unfortunately a lot of litter ends up on the sand. This year, you have two opportunities to be part of the solution. First, make sure you pick up after yourself before you leave the beach on July 4th. Second, if you’d like to take it up a notch, volunteer to help cleanup on July 5th.
The Waterfront Department will be partnering with Santa Barbara Channelkeeper to conduct beach cleanups of Leadbetter Beach and East Beach from 9am-11am on July 5th. To sign up, go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4fa5ae2ba4fbc70-july. Gloves and buckets will be provided so all you need to do is show up.
For more information about Independence Day events contact:
Waterfront Public Information Officer