De La Guerra Plaza Revitalization Project
De La Guerra Plaza was designated a Public Square in 1853 and has since served as Santa Barbara’s center of town. In addition to serving as a civic center, it has provided the location for the original Police and Fire Stations. It is the venue for political activism and events including Old Spanish Days. De La Guerra Plaza presents an opportunity for the City to revitalize and reactivate its center of town. A revitalized Plaza will involve expanding the available space by making structural and aesthetic improvements to better serve the community’s arts and cultural events throughout the year.