The Police Department Lobby will be open for in-person service during the following days and times:
- Tuesday - 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
- Wednesday - 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
- Thursday - 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
During these days and times, you can request records or pay a parking citation.
Our Mission & Commitment
To provide organized solutions for the preservation and accessibility of police records while providing excellent customer service to our community and staff in adherence with federal, state, and municipal law.
When entering the Police Department you can expect courteous, efficient, and prompt customer service. We are here to help.
Under the direction of the Community Services Division Captain and the Police Records Manager, our Records team consists of two Police Records Supervisors, ten Police Records Specialists, one LiveScan Technician, four Typists, and a Station Officer.
The Records Bureau is often your first contact when entering or calling the Police Department, and to this degree, we are your gateway to information housed within the department. Our service team provides record keeping functions for the department, complies with mandated statistical reporting for the State Department of Justice relating to crime in the City of Santa Barbara, and provides various support services to our citizens.
Services we provide include:
- Accessibility of documentation for all internal and external customers.
- Submission and Distribution to the District Attorney’s Office and Courts.
- Registrant processing in accordance with Megan’s Law.
- Transcription of Crime Reports.
- Filing of Citizen Crime reports.
- Entry of Restraining Orders.
- Traffic Citation Sign Offs.
- General Information on areas of interest to the public..
LiveScan / Fingerprint
Please see our LiveScan/Fingerprint page for information about these services offered at the Santa Barbara Police Department. We currently do not offer walk-in services for LiveScan.
Alternative LiveScan/Fingerprint service providers can be found on the website of the Office of the Attorney General at oag.ca.gov/; the tab you will query is Criminal Justice / Fingerprint Submissions.