July 4, 2023, Traffic Delays - Waterfront
Expect significant traffic delays beginning at 6 p.m. on July 4, 2023.
Police will be closing multiple access points to portions of the waterfront to all vehicular traffic. Please plan accordingly if you are traveling to the areas listed below.
It is highly recommended you walk or ride a bicycle to access the waterfront after 6 p.m.
Stearns Wharf will be closed to incoming vehicles starting at 3:30 p.m. and no vehicles will be allowed to exit the Wharf starting at 4:30 p.m.
Significant street closures include:
- 6 PM: Cabrillo Blvd., closed from Calle Cesar Chavez to Harbor Way
- 6 PM: Castillo St. at West Montecito St.
- Vehicular traffic accessing the “Funk Zone” and the Natoma Avenue neighborhood will be limited.
- 6 PM: Garden St. and US 101.
- Any traffic exiting the 101 Freeway at Garden St. after 6:00 pm will be diverted north, away from the beachfront area.
Road closures will be lifted approximately 1 hour after the professional fireworks have finished.