Holiday Service & Extra Waste Collection
We're making it easy to get rid of all the extra stuff left after meals are eaten, presents are open, and trees are decorated.
From December 26th to January 6th, MarBorg will be collecting extra items from all City residential customers at no extra charge.
Customers can put out up to 95 gallons of extra trash (brown bin), recyclables (blue bin) or greenwaste (green bin). Just leave bags or bundles out at your normal pickup location, no bulky waste allowed. If there is excessive amounts of extra waste, please call MarBorg at 805-963-1852 so they can accommodate the special pickup.
Normal Pickup Schedule this Holiday
No holiday service delay this year. Christmas and New Year's holidays fall on Saturday and therefore there will be no change to normal Monday-Friday Residential and Commercial waste pickups. Some commercial customers with extra Saturday pickups will be picked up on Friday or Monday, please call MarBorg.
Pickups December 24th - January 1st are on a normal pickup schedule.
Call MarBorg with questions, 805-963-1852.
Christmas Tree Pickup
We will also take your Christmas trees! You don't need to cut them down unless they are taller than 6 feet. Simply:
Strip the tree of ornaments, garlands, and tinsel. We do not take flocked trees (unless you can remove the flocking).
Remove the tree stand.
Set the whole tree out with your waste.
Holiday Waste Tips - only some items are recyclable
- regular colored wrapping paper can be recycled but any paper with plastic, glitter, or metallic looking material should be thrown in the trash.
- all bows and ribbon should be reused or thrown in the trash
- all plastic packaging goes in the trash
- all film plastic goes in the trash: plastic bags, packaging wrap, bubble wrap, snack bags, chip bags, saran wrap, etc.
- All plastic beverage and household bottles are recyclable
- All metal materials can be recycled: soda cans, tin cans, etc.
- Batteries are hazardous and cannot go in the blue bin, they can be dropped off at a local recycling center or for small household batteries placed in a clear zip baggie and placed on top of your blue bin (not inside).
- All electronics are hazardous and cannot go in the blue bin. They can however be dropped off for free at MarBorg facility or you can call MarBorg to schedule a free bulky item pickup. 805-963-1852
- For more tips visit our full list here.