Holiday Service Delay & Extra Waste Collection
One Day Service Delay this Holiday
Christmas and New Year's holidays fall on Sunday and will be observed the following Monday, therefore there will be a one-day service delay for Residential and Commercial pickups December 26th through January 6th. Please call MarBorg for questions about your specific pickup schedule.
Pickups December 26th - January 6th are on a one-day service delay. Regular pickup schedule will resume January 9th, 2023.
Please call MarBorg with questions, 805-963-1852.
We're making it easy to get rid of all the extra stuff left after meals are eaten, presents are open, and trees are decorated.
From December 26th to January 7th, MarBorg will be collecting extra items from all City residential customers at no extra charge.
Customers can put out up to 95 gallons of extra trash (brown bin), recyclables (blue bin) or greenwaste (green bin). Just leave bags or bundles out at your normal pickup location, no bulky waste allowed. If there is excessive amounts of extra waste, please call MarBorg at 805-963-1852 so they can accommodate the special pickup.
Christmas Tree Pickup
We will also take your Christmas trees! You don't need to cut them down unless they are taller than 6 feet. Simply:
Strip the tree of ornaments, garlands, and tinsel. We do not take flocked trees (unless you can remove the flocking).
Remove the tree stand.
Set the whole tree out with your waste.
Holiday Waste Tips - only some items are recyclable
- regular colored wrapping paper can be recycled but any paper with plastic, glitter, or metallic looking material should be thrown in the trash.
- all bows and ribbon should be reused or thrown in the trash
- all plastic packaging goes in the trash
- all film plastic goes in the trash: plastic bags, packaging wrap, bubble wrap, snack bags, chip bags, saran wrap, etc.
- All plastic beverage and household bottles are recyclable
- All metal materials can be recycled: soda cans, tin cans, etc.
- Batteries are hazardous and cannot go in the blue bin, they can be dropped off at a local recycling center or for small household batteries placed in a clear zip baggie and placed on top of your blue bin (not inside).
- All electronics are hazardous and cannot go in the blue bin. They can however be dropped off for free at MarBorg facility or you can call MarBorg to schedule a free bulky item pickup. 805-963-1852.