Elected as Mayor in November 2021 to a five-year term.
Sworn in as the 51st Mayor of Santa Barbara on January 11, 2022.
Previously served as a City Councilmember from 2010-2019.
Committees, Agencies and Liaisons
Advisory Groups, City Council Liaisons
- Building and Fire Code Board of Appeals
- Sister Cities Board (alternate)
City Council Standing Committees
- Community Choice Energy
- Downtown Santa Barbara (alternate)
- Looking Good Santa Barbara (alternate)
Council Representation On Regional Agencies
- Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District Board (APCD)
- Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG)
- Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District Board
National and State Organizations
- League of California Cities Board
- U.S. Conference of Mayors - Hunger and Homelessness Task Group (Chair)