What to Do If You Find Bees

Authored on

If you find a bee hive in the public right-of-way (streets, sidewalks, medians, and street trees), call Vector Control at (805) 564-5596. For bees inside a City water meter box, call Meter Services at (805) 897-2516. We will dispatch beekeepers to assess the situation and safely relocate the bees. For bees on private property, call the Mosquito and Vector Management District at (805) 969-5050 for a current list of beekeepers who can relocate the bees.