Upcoming Disabled Access & Code Changes Forum
On Friday, May 5, 2023, the City will host workshops presented by John Caprarelli, P.E., CASp, on accessibility requirements and regulations for businesses. Discussion topics will include:
- What accessibility laws apply to businesses?
- What elements of a business must be accessible to the disabled?
- What is the potential liability if a business does not comply?
- What about accessibility for outdoor dining in the right of way?
- What are the most common violations alleged in accessibility lawsuits?
- How can I get my business evaluated?
- What are the changes in 2023 to the California Building Code regarding disabled access and how will they affect my business?
- A Question and Answer period will be included.
Who Should Attend: Geared toward business operators and owners, the workshops would also benefit architects, designers, contractors, and those interested in accessibility laws.
Location: 630 Garden Street, David Gebhard Meeting Room, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 (entrance closest to the parking lot)
Sessions: (Same info presented in each)
- Morning: 9:00am-12:30pm
- Afternoon: 2:00pm- 5:30pm
This is a free event open to the public. Seating is limited. Please visit the event site to register.
Event Questions – Please email AccessibilityTraining2023@SantaBarbaraCA.gov