Land Development Program
- Ensure land development projects comply with applicable regulations including the Subdivision Map Act, sound engineering practices, and City policies and guidelines.
- Manage and operate the Public Works Permit Counter, which issues over-the-counter Public Works permits, and participates in the review of over 1,000 building construction permits annually.
- Review and process private land development project applications and coordinate a unified Public Works Department response from all divisions.
- Assist customers with access to the Public Works library of record drawings and digital geospatial data.
- Manage and provide enforcement of the Outdoor Dining Program for permits issued for outdoor dining on City Sidewalks, currently in Special Status due to COVID-19. Visit Temporary Outdoor Dining Program for information.