Transportation & Circulation Committee
The Transportation and Circulation Committee was formed in 1999 by Resolution No. 99-031 on the recommendation of the Circulation Element Implementation Committee. Its purpose is to advise City Council and the Planning Commission on transportation issues, including the Circulation Element to the City General Plan, and various issues dealing with alternate transportation strategies.
Advise the City Council regarding the following:
- Circulation Element to the City General Plan.
- Pedestrian policy issues.
- Bicycle provisions and policy.
- Transit needs.
- Neighborhood traffic management programs and traffic calming devices.
- Land use planning tools and strategies that support the City's mobility goals.
- Five members must be qualified electors of the City.
- The remaining two members may be City or County residents.
Length of Term
Four years and until successors are appointed and qualified. Staggered terms expire on December 31 of the appropriate year.
The Committee meets every other month on the fourth Thursday at 5:30 p.m. in the David Gebhard Public Meeting Room, 630 Garden Street (enter at the parking lot at the south side of the building). Meetings will be scheduled in off months if there are items that require Transportation and Circulation Committee discussion and action.
Approximately four hours per quarter for meetings and related activities.
Financial Disclosure Requirement
Members must file a Statement of Economic Interests upon appointment, annually and when leaving the advisory group.
Public Works Department, (805) 564-5385.
Resolution No. 99-031.