132-A Harbor Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Phone: (805) 564-5531
Fax: (805) 560-7580
Monday - Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Maps, Directories & Directions
Boating Services Map(1.41 MB)
Directions to the Harbor(266.5 KB)
Harbor Directory Map(856.5 KB)
Visiting Boaters Map to Santa Barbara Services(219 KB)
Waterfront Activities Map(4.36 MB)
Waterfront Area Parking Lots Map(1.22 MB)
Wharf and Harbor Map(835.1 KB)
Wharf Directory Map
Want to hire someone to provide a service at the Waterfront?
If you would like to find someone to service your vessel or take you out on a fishing charter, you want to make sure they have an active Business Activity Permit (BAP). You can find the current list by clicking on the following link, which is updated monthly.
Want to do business at the Waterfront?
If you have a business service you wish to offer to the Harbor community, you need to get a BAP. BAPs are issued by the Waterfront and are required before conducting or engaging in any business or commercial activity of any kind (SBMC 17.28.010). All applications are reviewed before approval and issuance of a permit.
Property Management Specialist
(805) 897-2588 Fax
Business Activity Permit Rates
Rate, Insurance Required ($1 Million Policy, Renewal Date
BAP Service $20.00/ year, Insurance Yes, Renewal By August 1
BAP Charter $250.00/ year, Insurance Yes, Renewal By August 1
BAP Late Renewal $25.00, Insurance NA, Renewal After August 1
Visiting boaters' needs vary on the duration of their stay. Santa Barbara Harbor offers a coin-operated laundry near Marina 4, yacht and boar repair, commercial ice and marine fuel supply, postal services, convenience markets and wholesale fresh seafood.
|Business & Phone||Services|
|Boat Launch Mini-Mart
|Food and Sundry Items|
|Harbor Mail Center
|Harbor Marine Works
|Boat Repair and Maintenance|
|Food and Sundry Items|
|Commercial Fishermen Ice Supply|
|SB Fish Market
|Wholesale Fresh Fish|
|Santa Barbara Water Taxi
|Shuttle Between Harbor and
|Seacoast Yacht Sales
|Outdoors Santa Barbara
|Fourth Floor Observation Deck|
|Marine Fuel Supply|
|US Coast Guard
|UCSB Sailing Facility
|Business & Phone||Services Provided|
Above the Waterline
|Yacht Repair & Services|
|Harbor Marine Works
|Boat Repair & Maintenance|
|Boat Repair & Maintenance|
|McCormix Corp. Fuel Dock
|Ocean Aire Electronics
|Marine Gear & Supply|
|Marine Gear & Supply|
Santa Barbara Harbor is one of the most picturesque boating locations in Southern California. Built in 1929, this 1139-slip harbor has become a popular destination for recreational boaters, fishermen and tourists alike. Here you will find world-class yachts, commercial fishing boats and pleasure craft side-by-side. The harbor, Stearns Wharf and nearby State Street provide visitors with a wide variety of services and recreational activities including fine restaurants, wine tasting, gift shops, whale watching, cruises and marine supplies, just to name a few.
Be sure to walk along Santa Barbara’s scenic waterfront to Stearns Wharf, a short distance from the harbor. Built in 1872, it is California’s oldest working wooden wharf and offers spectacular views of the famous “Santa Barbara Riviera.” Extending inland from the wharf is State Street. Within easy walking distance, this area is renowned for its shopping and nightlife, and is also home to several historic sites.
Santa Barbara Harbor provides monthly berthing for approximately 1,100 vessels. Additionally, the harbor offers guest berthing for vessels 20’ to 170’ in length. Information provided here is intended to acquaint you with harbor facilities and policies. If you have further questions, please contact the Waterfront Administration Office at 805-564-5531. VHF Channels 16 and 12 are monitored seven days a week, 24 hours a day. A Harbor Patrol Officer is always on duty.
Currently Santa Barbara Harbor slips are fully occupied and our slip permit waiting lists are closed to new applicants. However, we do have a slip permit transfer policy. Under this policy, when a boat is purchased the slip permit may be transferred to the buyer. Please call the Waterfront Department Administration Office for slip permit transfer details.
Visitor berthing is on a first-come, first-served basis depending on availability; reservations are not accepted. To obtain a guest slip, visiting vessels should dock at the Harbor Patrol Accommodation Dock at the west end of the harbor, located in front of the Harbor Patrol Office. The Harbor Patrol Office is upstairs and we will issue guest slips upon arrival. Vessel registration or documentation is required when registering for a visitor slip. It is unlawful to tie-up anywhere in the harbor without permission from Harbor Patrol. Visitor fees are payable in advance and based on the overall length of your boat. Check out time is noon. Visitor slips may be renewed by contacting the Harbor Patrol office in person. Delinquency fees are charged for late payments and administrative fees may be levied for occupying a slip without registering. Occasionally, the marina may not be able to accommodate your vessel. An open anchorage area is available east of Stearns Wharf.
Visitor Berth Rate
- $1.50/linear foot/day base rate for the first 14 cumulative days for vessels under 70-feet in length
- $2.00/linear foot/day base rate for the first 14 cumulative days for vessels 70-feet in length or longer.
- Rate doubles after 14 cumulative days
- Maximum stay of 28 cumulative days
- Minimum leave time 5 consecutive days to restore base rate
- No refunds
Commercial Fishing Vessels
- $1.00/linear foot/day
- Two current California Department of Fish and Wildlife fish landing receipts every two weeks
- Reverts to recreational vessel rate if not actively fishing
Marina gate, restroom and shower keys are available for purchase by visiting boaters. Keys are active during your stay only and may be re-activated upon your next visit.
Electricity / Water
Electricity and water are included with visitor fees in most slips. Electricity is 110 volts, 30-amp in most slips. Certain larger slips and end ties have 220 volts, 50-amp service. Marine grade twist lock cords required.
- 5 MPH maximum speed limit/no wake
- Fuel dock hours are 7:00AM – 6:00PM daily
- Pump-a-head facilities are available at the fuel dock and two locations in Marina One.
- Pets must be confined aboard your boat. Dogs must be leashed when walking to and from your boat.
- Barbecues are not permitted on marina docks or piers
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted on marina docks, but prohibited on public sidewalks.
- Automatic shut-off nozzles and buckets are required when washing off your boat. Please use fresh water wisely and do not use non-biodegradable detergents or other solvents.
- Observe best management practices during in-water maintenance activities and avoid letting pollutants reach the water.
- All vessel berthed in Santa Barbara Harbor must be operable as defined in Title 17 of the Santa Barbara Municipal Code.
- For restaurant locations, laundry, grocery stores, etc. please stop at the Harbor Patrol office for directions.
Welcome to Santa Barbara Harbor. We hope you will enjoy your visit. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way. Our Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You may renew your slip permit to stay longer. Please stop by the Harbormaster’s Office prior to 11:00 a.m. of your check out day to pay additional visitors fees.
- Slip fees are payable in advance. Check out time is noon. A $5 late fee will be assessed in addition to the following night’s slip fee if payment is not received by noon. There are NO refunds.
- Visitor slips are checked daily. Vacant slips are reassigned to arriving boats unless dockage fees are prepaid for the day. Please do not reoccupy a slip without re-registering for it.
- It is unlawful to tie up without permission from the Harbormaster’s Office, or depart without paying fees that are due. Daily delinquency fees are charged for late payment and administrative fees may be levied for occupying a slip without registering.
- The Harbor Patrol may move boats as needed for the convenience of the Harbor.
- Barbecues are not permitted on marina docks or piers.
- A marine sanitation holding tank pump out station is located on the fuel dock. It is available without charge when the fuel dock is open. There are 3 additional pump outs within Marina One: A-walkway, O/R walkway, and R/S walkway. A port-a-potty cleaning and pump out station is available at the launch ramp.
- Disposal tanks for used (uncontaminated) boat motor oil are available at marinas 2 and 4.
- Trash pick-up from marina litter cans is done daily. Please place larger quantities of refuse in landside dumpster.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in marinas but prohibited on public sidewalks.
- All pets must be confined aboard your boat. Dogs must be leashed to and from your boat.
- Please use fresh water wisely. Automatic shut off nozzles and buckets are required when washing off boats.
- The maximum stay at the visitor base rate is 14 cumulative days. The daily rate doubles on the fifteenth day. After 28 days, the vessel must vacate the Harbor for at least 5 consecutive days.
CONDUCT WATERFRONT BUSINESS ONLINE
Pay or Contest Parking Citations
All parking citations (including PD and Harbor Patrol’s) can be paid or contested within 21 days online or via phone:
- Pay or Contest Online: www.paymycite.com/
- Pay or Contest by Phone: 855-544-9368 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Reserve Parking for a Special Event
Members of the public can make a parking reservation for special events, such as weddings, birthdays, sporting events, etc. by contacting the Parking Coordinators via phone or email:
- James Hatsedakis: Phone 805-897-1965, or via email: JHatsedakis@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
- Carl Schmidt: Phone 805-564-5520, or via email: CSchmidt@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
Any questions about Waterfront Parking
Visit our website or call the Parking Office:
Parking Phone Numbers: 805-564-5523 or 805-897-1965.
Slip Fee Payments:
- Credit card payments over the phone: 805-564-5531
Visitor Fishermen can submit fish tickets via email: email@example.com
- 99% of Slip Management forms can be filled out and submitted online
- Renew Slip Permit
- Temporary Cancellation form (or cancellation request)
- Auto pay form
- e-Billing form
- Vacation Live-aboard permits (or cancellation requests)
- Contact Info Change request form
Weather is sourced by NOAA, visit Waterfront Weather page for more information.
Own the luxury yacht of your dreams and captain your next adventure.
- Chandlery Yacht Brokerage
- Seacoast Yacht Sales
- Sunset Kidd Yacht Sales