Community Events & Festivals Committee
The Community Events and Festivals Committee was established in 1988 by Resolution No. 88-128 to replace the Community Promotion Review Committee
- To advise the City Council on issues related to the promotion of the community.
- To review proposals and make recommendations to the City Council for Community Promotion Events funding.
- To review proposals for major off-season festivals and make recommendations to the City Council for funding.
- To evaluate funded major off-season festivals and community events through event attendance.
- To make an annual report and evaluation to City Council on the previous year's funding for community promotion events and major, off-season festivals.
- To develop a point system to be used as criteria in making granting recommendations to the City Council.
- To attend designated quarterly meetings and special meetings.
- To oversee coordination of events whenever possible with retail organizations, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Conference and Visitor's Bureau.
Appointees may not hold any full-time paid office or employment in City government.
- Three representatives of the business/lodging/retail industry;
- Two representatives of the cultural arts; and
- Two representatives of the public at large (one of which shall not represent any specific group).
Length of Term
Four years and until successors are appointed. Staggered terms expire on December 31 of the appropriate year. No member shall serve for more than two consecutive four-year terms or an uninterrupted period of more than eight (8) years.
The Committee meets approximately five times a year (based on the Grants review cycle) usually during the months of June and July, and generally in the afternoon. The meetings are held at various locations downtown.
Financial Disclosure Requirement
Members must file a Statement of Economic Interests upon appointment, annually and when leaving the advisory group.
Sarah York Rubin, Executive Director of the Office of Arts & Culture (805) 568-3990, firstname.lastname@example.org or Library Administration (805) 564-5608, email@example.com
Resolution Nos. 06-086, 92-017, 89-108, and 88-128.