As of November 28, 2022, the Police Department's lobby hours are:
- Monday - 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday - 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday - 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday - 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
During these days and times, you can request records or pay a parking citation.
Our Mission & Commitment
To provide organized solutions for the preservation and accessibility of police records while providing excellent customer service to our community and staff in adherence with federal, state, and municipal law.
When entering the Police Department you can expect courteous, efficient, and prompt customer service. We are here to help.
Under the direction of the Community Services Division Captain and the Police Records Manager, our Records team consists of two Police Records Supervisors, eleven Police Records Specialists, one Administrative Specialist, and a Station Officer.
The Records Bureau is often your first contact when entering or calling the Police Department, and to this degree, we are your gateway to information housed within the department. Our service team provides record keeping functions for the department, complies with mandated statistical reporting for the State Department of Justice relating to crime in the City of Santa Barbara, and provides various support services to our citizens.
Services we provide include:
- Accessibility of documentation for all internal and external customers.
- Submission and Distribution to the District Attorney’s Office and Courts.
- Filing of Citizen Crime reports.
- Entry of Restraining Orders.
- Traffic Citation Sign Offs.
- General Information on areas of interest to the public.
Public Records Request (PRA)
Public records are available through the Santa Barbara Police Department in accordance with Government Code Section 6250 et.seq. To assist our department with fulfilling your need, written requests are encouraged, but not required. Request Forms will be processed when received and every effort to respond within 10 days will be made.
Please be as specific and provide details as to the information you are requesting. This will assist in getting the information to you as quickly as possible.
Requests can be made directly to our Public Records Act Manager or by calling 805-897-2459.
- Charges for public records are $0.20 per page
- Acceptable methods of payment are:
- Checks; made payable to City of Santa Barbara
- For charges over $10.00 only: VISA, MasterCard, Discover
LiveScan / Fingerprint
Currently, the Santa Barbara Police Department is no longer providing LiveScan services. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Alternative LiveScan/Fingerprint service providers can be found on the website of the Office of the Attorney General. Click here for alternative Santa Barbara County locations.
We are still offering court mandated fingerprint services. This includes criminal citations that are marked "booking required" or court ordered fingerprint submissions. Call 805-897-2355 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are not permitted.